Quantcast

Friday, August 31, 2012

August Favorites 2012

I cannot believe, or rather I don't want to believe that August is already over. The end of August means only one thing to me, school is back and all my free time is now gone. This past week was my first week of classes and so far so good, my professors seem pretty nice and I'm not getting too much work.

Anyways, as for this August favorites, I was almost not going to even put up a favorites post this month because I haven't been wearing a lot of makeup lately and my favorites for this month were generally the same as last month. But, I took a look at my makeup collection anyways and there were a few notable products that I've been using so I decided what the heck, I'll do it.



So these are my favorite beauty products for August 2012 and as you can see there's only four and one of them is a repeat from last month. Because of summer classes and the heat I've been trying to go makeup free as much as I can because I have started to break out a little bit on my forehead and I'm pretty sure it's from sweat and constantly brushing my bangs out of my face. But there are a few products I have been loving this month that I noticed I didn't mention last month so here they are.

From left to right, top to bottom:
1. Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24h ($44) - I recently purchased this foundation and I mentioned it in my Sephora haul but I have been totally loving it. Usually I use my Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 but for the days that I need more coverage and a longer lasting makeup look I'll immediately reach for this. I'll have a review up soon so I don't want to go into too much detail but it matches my skin tone perfectly, blends seamlessly and lasts all day. I think it might become my HG foundation.

2. Clé De Peau Beauté Concealer ($70) - This is a repeat from my July favorites but I wanted to mention it again because I absolutely love this concealer. I always struggle to find good concealers so I finally gave in and bought this absurdly expensive one. The price tag is outrageous but the product is so great that I think it's worth it. It completely conceals my dark circles and it doesn't cake up or dry out under my eyes, which is a huge problem for me with concealers. I'll still look for a cheaper alternative but for now this is my HG concealer.

3. Urban Decay Naked Palette ($50) - I don't think I even have to explain why this is on my August favorites. I'm pretty sure everyone reading this post either owns or has at least heard of this palette. It's my absolute favorite palette because I almost always wear neutral colored lids. I've been loving it a lot more lately because the color combinations are total no-brainers, so if I want to look a tad bit more glam for school but I'm low on time, this palette is what I immediately reach for.

4. Koji Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner ($20) - For a while I was wearing only pencil liner because I feel liquid liner is too harsh for the summer but now that it's been getting chillier here in the city I've started migrating back to liquid. This is a great liquid liner because not only is the packaging cute but the product is amazing as well. This liner is a drier formula so it won't bleed all over your lids when you're doing your makeup. Also, the applicator is a fine tip point made of stiff bristles so you can get a thin or thick line and it's easy to use.

Hopefully I have more favorites next month to share with you all but I hope you enjoyed this post. Let me know what your favorite products of the month are with a comment below, or link me to your August Favorites post!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome favorites :) One of my favorites lately has been Maybelline's Eye Studio Gel Liner! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was actually the first gel liner I ever tried and I loved it! It's definitely up there in quality with the high end brands.

      Delete

I enjoy reading all your comments and thank you so much for reading my posts! Be sure to follow for more(:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...