Quantcast

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Review: L'Oreal Nail Color in Pistachio Dream


Growing up my entire nail polish collection consisted of 50 shades of Pink, I had baby pinks, hot pinks, Barbie pinks and the occasional red. Never would I have ever fathomed purchasing a polish that wasn't pink, especially not a light mint green! But now that I'm older and the trends have changed rather dramatically since the '90s, I now own a few colors other than Pink. Actually, I've found myself really enjoying different shades of blue and now I find myself developing an interest in greens.

I was heavily influenced by Makeup By Tiffany D to purchase this L'Oreal Nail Color ($4.99) in the shade Pistachio Dream. I had never tried a L'Oreal polish before and I really didn't know what to expect except for what Tiffany D had said about the polish in her videos. 

It turns out that I do rather like this polish and I'm glad I gave a new line of polishes a shot. The consistency of the polish is not too thin and not too thick but it can be a bit runny. The color is a light mint green, think Essie's Mint Candy Apple but lighter. It took me 3 coats to get the polish to be completely opaque on my nails, which isn't bad for a $4.99 polish. I've definitely experienced worse with much pricier polishes.

As for the brush, it is a densely packed brush with bristles that can cause the polish to go on a bit streaky at first. But if you continue to build your color you will notice the polish will become easier to apply and begin to even out. A highlight of the brush is that it has a curved tip, as you can see from my photo above, which really helps when I try to paint closer to my cuticles.
Overall, I'll probably give some more L'Oreal polishes a shot but I do wish the brush wouldn't cause the polish to go on so streaky. If they could fix that problem then this would be an amazing polish for $4.99. Other than that, the polish does perform very well and I'm definitely pleased with my purchase.

Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | Bloglovin'

6 comments:

  1. Awesome review! This polish color looks amazing and i love how the brush has that curved tip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Me too, I've never had a nail polish with a curved brush tip, it definitely makes getting around the cuticles a lot easier.

      Delete
  2. Before I started blogging I'd have never dreamed of using a green or blue nail polish but I'm obsessed with them now, Pistachio Green looks absolutely amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a pretty color! I think I'm going to have to pick this up next time, I'm at Target! :)

    xx Denysia Yu
    http://thatlaitgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! It's really affordable too which is great(:

      Delete

I enjoy reading all your comments and thank you so much for reading my posts! Be sure to follow for more(:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...