Quantcast

Friday, June 28, 2013

Review: Maybelline Color Whisper in Pin Up Peach


The drugstore's been killing it lately! I recently raved about the Revlon Lip Butter in Wild Watermelon and the Maybelline Masterprecise Liquid Eyeliner, and now I'm going to rave about the Maybelline Color Whisper in Pin-up Peach ($5.94). Maybelline Color Whispers, along with Revlon Lip Butters have been the biggest hit at the drugstore in terms of lip products. I was skeptical at first of the Color Whispers, I figured they'd be just like the Revlon Lip Butters since they were marketed as sheer color with hydration. However, after testing it out and comparing the two they're definitely not the same product.

The huge difference between the Maybelline Color Whispers and the Revlon Lip Butters are that the Color Whispers are much more sheer and lightweight feeling on your lips. The color isn't as buildable as a Revlon Lip Butter so I'd classify it more as a tinted lip balm than a hydrating lipstick. Another huge difference between the two lip products is that the Color Whisper is much more hydrating than the Lip Butters. I was actually able to use this in place of lip balm when I was in Florida on vacatio


The specific shade that I purchased, Pin-Up Peach, is a sheer peachy pink shade that has a rather glossy finish. As I mentioned, the shade is not buildable but there is enough tint there to see a hint of color on your lips. I think it's very appropriate for the summer as it's not heavy feeling at all and you won't look too done up.

The packaging is somewhat similar to that of the Lip Butters in that the color of the tube is supposed to reflect the shade of the lip product inside. However, a key difference is that the Color Whisper is much slimmer and more compact. While the product looks like a lipstick, it is actually much smaller in area than your average lipstick.

I think if you're looking for a sheer, lightweight and hassle-free product for the summer then I'd highly suggest the Maybelline Color Whisper. However, if you like more color on your lips and don't care too much for hydration, but it would be an added bonus, then go for the Revlon Lip Butters. I'm definitely a fan of both products as I use them for different occasions, but if I had to choose between the two I'd probably opt for a Lip Butter over the Color Whisper.


Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | Bloglovin' | YouTube

3 comments:

  1. pretty! I'd totally pick something like this up but i have wayy too many lip products :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I picked up the coral one (I forgot the name lol) and I agree that they're very hydrating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too! But I really can't resist.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all your comments and thank you so much for reading my posts! Be sure to follow for more(:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...