Quantcast

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Review: Maybelline Masterprecise Liquid Eyeliner


I love myself a good liquid liner. They give the boldest and longest lasting lines but a truly good one is hard to find. I've tried my fair share of liquid liners, everything from high end to drugstore and trust me, not all liquid liners are made equal. There's the bad: the ones that have dried out in a couple of weeks, the ones that were difficult to handle and the ones that were just all around bad. Then there's the good: the ones that were extremely precise, the ones that stayed on without smudging and the ones that were mind-blowingly amazing.

Now this Maybelline Masterprecise Liquid Eyeliner ($5.70) in Black wasn't totally mind-blowing but it was pretty darn amazing for a drugstore liner in my opinion. I hadn't done much research on this product but I recalled hearing a few YT beauty gurus saying good things about it. I was in the market for a new liquid liner anyways and decided to pick it up and give it a try. For $5.70 how could I really go wrong?




And I didn't go wrong. I love everything about this liner save for one thing, but I'll get into that later. First off, the liner has a very fine tip, possibly one of the most precise and fine tips I've ever seen on a liquid liner. This makes it ideal for drawing winged out liner and getting very close to the top and bottom lash line.

The shade is a true black and as you can see from the swatch below it is extremely pigmented. It only takes one swipe across the lids to get a deep black line. I'm actually truly impressed by how dark this liner is because I've had plenty of liners claiming to be black or deep black and it ends up being a dark gray at best.


As for longevity, the product stays put all day except for its one downfall. It is totally not waterproof! I brought this liner with me when I went on vacation and put it to the test on water rides. It survived Splash Mountain in Disney World but when I went on Popeye's Bilge-Rat Barge and Dudley Do-Right's Rip-Saw Falls, I came out crying black tears. I swear I must have scared some children because I even scared myself when I looked in the mirror!

Overall, I'd recommend this liner to people who are looking for an affordable liquid eyeliner that makes up in precision and pigmentation what it lacks in water resistance. I'm unsure if they make a waterproof version of this liner but if they do, I'm definitely picking it up. I really do love this liner but I'm definitely not bringing it with me the next time I go on vacation!


Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | Bloglovin'

4 comments:

  1. The tip on this eyeliner looks very precise. I like my eyeliners very black too! I've been looking for a new liquid eyeliner later as well, I might be picking this one up.

    www.hautedare.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! waterproof is a necessity for me. My lids are mad oily! Is there a waterproof version of this product?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! lol I can't believe it's not waterproof! Eek I can just imagine what it must have looked like after the ride haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love eyeliners like this! I feel like it's really gives you the precision that you need.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all your comments and thank you so much for reading my posts! Be sure to follow for more(:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...