Quantcast

Friday, September 27, 2013

Review: Lush Ultrabland Facial Cleanser


If you've been following me for some time now, you'll know that I've been struggling a lot with my skin as of late. I've been breaking out around my T-zone, especially in the area between my brows and around my hairline. I tried numerous different products, tools and regimens hoping that I'd find a cure. However, all I was doing was using harsher and harsher products that were causing me to break out even more.

I decided to make a trip to Lush because I know that their staff is generally very knowledgable and their products are all natural with no harsh chemicals that could irritate my skin any further. The sales associate at the Lush store in Soho was brilliant and turned me on to what is known as the Ultrabland ($16.95 for 1.5 oz.) diet.

The Ultrabland diet is not an actual diet, which as a fun fact I have never gone on a diet in my life, but rather it's a skincare regimen where you wash your face only with Ultrabland for one entire month. According to the associate, Ultrabland works as a reset button for your face as it essentially rebalances your skin to its natural state before you started applying all these harsh cleansers, toners and serums. After using it for approximately 3 weeks now, it hasn't fixed all my problems entirely but I do see a huge improvement in my skin since I've started on the diet.


Ultrabland is a thick and creamy moisturizer made of essential oils, honey and beeswax. It can take some getting used to at first because when using it you feel like you've just slathered an dense oily lotion all over your face. The product doesn't foam or lather, rather it feels like you are massaging moisturizer into your skin. I like to use it in conjunction with my Clarisonic Mia 2 at night to get a really deep clean and to exfoliate.
At first I was turned off by the idea of using a heavy cleanser with oils in it. I already had rather oily skin and imagined myself to be a greaseball after using it in the mornings. However, it is suggested that oily-skinned folks like myself incorporate some sort of oil-infused cleanser or moisturizer into their regimen because it actually helps to deter the production of oil by your skin. By adding oil to your skincare routine, your skin will be inclined to produce less oil since it feels it doesn't need to hydrate as much. So by adding oil, you are teaching your skin to produce less oil. It's a hard concept to grasp and it took me a while to believe it but I have noticed my skin is not as oily and greasy as it once was.
If you can't tell by now, I'm a huge fan of this product. I bought the 1.5 oz container and after 3 weeks it still looks like a brand new cleanser. Very little goes a long way with this product since it's so thick and rich. I like to apply the cleanser to dry skin both morning and night. In the mornings I like to massage it in with my fingers then rinse it off in the shower, whereas at night I'll massage it in with my fingers and then use my Clarisonic Mia 2 to exfoliate. I've definitely noticed an improvement in my skin since I've started using it and I predict it'll only continue to improve with further use of this cleanser. It's gentle and highly effective, so I'd recommend this to anyone who is at a loss with their skin situation and is looking for a product that will slowly but surely help to improve their complexion.

Bloglovin' | YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

4 comments:

  1. Sounds AH-mazing!! Thanks for sharing! <3 <3
    Kallie, www.butfirstcoffeeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Lush! I might have to give this a try when my Herbalism facial cleanser runs out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I've tried Herbalism in the past and that is an amazing facial cleanser as well!


    Elle

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great product! This is something I could have used to restart my face routine earlier this year!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all your comments and thank you so much for reading my posts! Be sure to follow for more(:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...