Quantcast

Friday, September 6, 2013

Review: Mica Beauty Cosmetics Mineral Eye Shadow in Bronze


I've never been a huge fan of mineral eyeshadows, I always found them too messy to work with. Often times, if I just dampen my brush and use a pressed shadow I can achieve the same high shine and intensely pigmented look. However, if you watched my August Ipsy Glam Bag Unboxing video on YouTube you would've seen how excited I was after swatching this Mica Beauty Cosmetics Mineral Eye Shadow ($14.95) in Bronze.


Out of all the products that came in my August Ipsy Glam Bag, this was the one I found most promising. Thankfully, it didn't let me down. It has become one of my favorite shadows in my collection and I honestly can't get enough of it.


The packaging is probably its biggest downfall, but I can easily overlook it since what's inside is so worth it. The shadow comes in your typical mineral eyeshadow container, with your standard black top and sifter to keep the minerals from falling everywhere. Doesn't it remind you of a really short and fat salt and pepper shaker? However, I've noticed that it's kind of hard to shake the shadow out into the cap so you really have to flip the product upside down and give it a good shaking.

But once you get the product out, the rest is smooth sailing from there. The shadow is extremely pigmented and even when applied dry you see a slight sheen to the color. I prefer to dampen my brush to achieve a more high shine and intense color because it looks absolutely glamorous when applied that way.


The shadow lasts all day on my eyes with the help of primer, the only thing fading being the high shine. It turns more into a shimmery bronze rather than a glossy bronze after a whole day's worth of wear. It doesn't budge or smudge and even when I rubbed the swatch on my hand it didn't move.

I don't know if I'd buy another mineral shadow from this company per se, because I would have to order it and pay for shipping, making it almost equivalent to buying a mineral shadow from Sephora. Also, I think it's possible to find a dupe for this shadow in the L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow collection. However, this product has definitely convinced to keep a more open mind about mineral eyeshadows in general.


Bloglovin' | YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

1 comment:

  1. I'm not a fan of mineral eye shadow either because of the mess, but this shade is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all your comments and thank you so much for reading my posts! Be sure to follow for more(:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...