Quantcast

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Review: Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil


I've always been interested in incorporating a face oil into my routine but face oils can be just as terrifying as they are alluring. When the word 'oil' pops up into my head I immediately imagine grease and shine, two looks I'm definitely not going for when it comes to my face. However, after watching a few videos, specifically POPSUGAR Beauty's "Why Face Oils Benefit Any Skin Type, Even Oily" and Jaclyn Hill's "Favorite Skincare Products of 2013," and doing my own research I was sold.

What I learned about face oils is that they truly can benefit any skin type. Yes, even oily. How does that even make sense? Often times, skin becomes oily because it's dehydrated and as a response your skin end up over-producing oil. In a sense, by using face oils you are training your skin to stop over-producing and to begin producing oil at a normal rate. If you have normal or dry skin, a face oil will help to hydrate it and in most cases even better than your typical face moisturizer.

There's a ton of face oils out on the market now but one of the first face oils to take the beauty community by storm is the Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil ($48). Although marketed as a daily moisturizer or skin treatment, this product can also be used for treating split ends and softening cuticles. I mainly use it as at night in place of a traditional moisturizer but I have tried applying it to my cuticles and it definitely works wonders.

Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil comes in a glass bottle with a dropper applicator, which certainly adds to the luxurious feel, rather than just giving me a bottle with oil in it. The face oil has a very faint scent, which disappears almost immediately after application. I like to take 3-5 drops, rub it in between my fingers and then pat it onto my skin after I cleanse my face in the shower. The face oil applies easily and I can feel my skin drinking it in. I prefer to use it at night because it does leave cause your face looking shiny, however, this fades as your skin absorbs the face oil.

I've been using Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil for approximately a month now and I've noticed a significant improvement in my skin. The skin around my nose, temples and cheeks are no longer dry and my t-zone hasn't been as oily as usual. I really enjoy using the product at night since it's almost impossible to apply makeup over it, but it also gives my face a youthful glow when I wake up in the morning.

My experience with Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil has only increased my interest in face oils and I'm already actively searching for the next face oil to try. I've had my eye on the Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil Light ($48) since I've heard it can be used during the daytime under your makeup for hydration and added dewiness. Oily skin individuals might want to opt for this product over the original Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil as a night treatment since it's lighter and is absorbed more quickly. I'm truly happy that I bit the bullet and incorporated a face oil into my skincare routine because even though the initial fear of breaking out and looking like a grease ball is indeed discouraging, I've only seen positive results from this change and I feel like I'm one step closer to perfecting my skincare.


Bloglovin' | YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

2 comments:

  1. My fiancé has been using this on his hands for a long while now and it really has made a big difference for dry patches :D I'm glad to hear it's been working well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really great! I'm so tempted to buy more face oils now :P

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all your comments and thank you so much for reading my posts! Be sure to follow for more(:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...