Quantcast

Friday, September 5, 2014

August Favorites 2014 (YSL, Dolly Wink & more!)

I'm going to be very cliché here and mention how I can't believe it's already September! Now with that out of the way, I can begin sharing with you beauties my August Monthly Favorites.

August Monthly Favorites

August Monthly Favorites

1. Yves Saint Laurent Glossy Stain in Rose Vinyl ($35) - I'd been dying to get my hands on this lip stain when it first came out over a year ago but it always seemed to escape my grasp. I finally purchased it in the shade Rose Vinyl from Barneys last month and have been using it as my go-to lip color since then. With its high pigmentation and long lasting power I'm definitely going to be picking up more shades.

2. NYC Smooth Skin Face Powder in Sunny ($9.59) - I've had this bronzer for years now and no matter how much I use it I can't seem to make a dent. I didn't touch it for quite some time but I recently dug it back out from my makeup stash and fell in love with it all over again. I'm fairly certain you can find it for cheaper at the drugstore (I'm thinking $2.99?). It's affordable, pigmented and doesn't give you an orange bronze!

3. Bobbi Brown EXTRA Eye Repair Cream ($70) - I know I mentioned it numerous times in past posts that my eczema came back with a vengeance in the outer corner of my left eye. This intensely hydrating but quickly absorbing eye cream is exactly what I needed to help soothe my eczema and prevent it from coming back. I have a more in depth review of the Bobbi Brown EXTRA Eye Repair Cream on my blog if you want to know more.

4. Dolly Wink Eyebrow Pencil ($13.90) - It recently dawned on me that I really needed an eyebrow pencil since it's more travel-friendly. I just so happened to be standing in the makeup aisle at Mitsuwa marketplace at that exact time so I picked up this Dolly Wink Eyebrow Pencil in the shade Dark Chocolate. The shade is a bit light for me but it works since it's still technically summer right now.

Hope you enjoyed!

2 comments:

  1. The NYC bronzer is $2.79 at CVS:
    http://www.cvs.com/shop/product-detail/NYC-Smooth-Skin-Bronzing-Face-Powder-Sunny-720A?skuId=870197

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all your comments and thank you so much for reading my posts! Be sure to follow for more(:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...