Quantcast

Monday, September 8, 2014

Unboxing: August Ipsy Glam Bag (UD, GlamGlow & more!)

I realize it's already September, but since this month's Ipsy Glam bag has yet to arrive, I figured it's still appropriate for me to share my opinions of the August Ipsy Glam bag.


The bag itself is back to the cheap plastic material of past Ipsy Glam bags, unlike the ones I received in May and June, and the design is rather simplistic. I wasn't pleased at all with the bag itself but what was inside made it an acceptable bag for the month:

1. Manna Kadar Sheer Glo Shimmer Lotion ($29) - I have no need for another liquid luminizer, since I already own the Benefit High Beam ($26), so this product is sitting on my shelf collecting dust. However, I did give it a shot and I wasn't too impressed. I think if you're going to purchase a liquid luminizer that you might as well buy the Benefit High Beam since it's not only cheaper but also of better quality.

2. Lord & Berry Black Silk Kajal Kohl Liner ($15) - Honestly, I don't use kohl eyeliners all too often because they're too soft and creamy for my oily lids so I will not claim that I am an expert in kohl eyeliner quality. I have owned a few kohl liners in the past and will admit that this one is more or less on par with them. In terms of quality and price of a full-size version of this Lord & Berry Black Silk Kajal Kohl Liner that you're probably better off finding one from the drugstore.

3. Urban Decay Perversion Mascara ($22) - I'm always looking to try new mascaras because I feel like there's always newer and better formulas. I previously owned the Urban Decay Cannonball Mascara and while it held a curl nicely, it didn't impress me in terms of volume and length. However, this newest UD Perversion Mascara did impress me with both hold, volume and length! Apparently, it's sold with a primer as well so it may perform even better as a full package rather than alone.

4. GlamGlow YouthMud Tinglexfoliate Treatment ($69) - This isn't my first sample of this product and I already knew I didn't really like it because for a $69 mask I feel like it doesn't do enough. If I'm going to pay that kind of money for a face mask I expect it to work wonders and this product just doesn't cut it. I'll definitely use it up since it's probably the priciest sample in the Glam bag but I will definitely not be purchasing it on my own.

5. Absolute New York You're The Balm ($5.99) - I've never heard of this company before but apparently it's a subdivision of Nicka K, which I recall being the manufacturer of another product I received in a past Ipsy bag. I was in desperate need of a new lip balm to replace my Rosebud Perfume Co. Strawberry Lip Balm ($7) and thought this might have been a sign. Unfortunately, it's nowhere near as moisturizing as my Rosebud Strawberry Lip Balm but I figured I might as well use it up since I have it.

While the August Ipsy Glam bag was mostly a disappointment for me I still have an overall positive review of Ipsy as a whole. I feel you really can't go wrong for $10/month since other beauty subscription services are much more expensive with just as disappointing products. If you're interested in trying out Ipsy be sure to use my referral link: http://Ipsy.com/r/52v0.

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading all your comments and thank you so much for reading my posts! Be sure to follow for more(:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...